Friday, October 16, 2009

Work

Some photos of a few of the girls I am working with. We rehearse in the food hall of the institution where they live often next to about 50 other girls who are eating. Most of them have prosthetic limbs. I am loving working with them and we laugh a lot. My translator intrigues me as often a sentence turns into a 5 minute diatribe. I often wonder what I am saying. We are working towards a performance which is challenging because of the working conditions, lack of a common language and the general chaos and unpredictability of India. I am looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that translation thing - I used to enjoy it out bush - especially when I used to hear the teacher say things like "I need all of the children to listen and be respectful as that is what makes a happy classroom - can you please translate that for me as it is reallly important" and then one of the parents or someone says in Pitjantjatjara "listen or I'll smack you" - not that this would be happening for you - probably just digressions!

    ReplyDelete